Wednesday 28 November 2012

Collaborative Teaching; my research, experiences and reflections


Ignite is a worldwide event in over 100 cities; this evening I went to one held in Auckland. Presenters share their personal and professional passions, using the Petcha Kutcha format of 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just five minutes. It also allows a stage to practice public speaking and topics we love, and making connections with emerging leaders.

Tonight was my second presentation but still the butterflies panicked and I said "um" about 20 times! Still, I loved it, being able to condense my thinking helped me better reflect on what I had learnt; and I'll work on the public speaking!  The live video will appear on the Ignite site soon (it's ready!) and you can count them for yourself, until then I recorded a slower, calmer version for easy listening.

Most importantly I hope you can take something away to use if leading or participating in collaborative teaching.

No comments: